Is it worse to not vote, or to make an uneducated vote?

Obviously, it's best to do your research and go vote, based on that. But I'm almost wondering if it wouldn't be better for the people who refuse to educate themselves to stay home on election day. Someone told me the other day that she doesn't care about the election, and won't watch or hear anything about it, but is going to vote, because "Otherwise, I can't complain." Can you really complain if your blind voting put the jerk in that office in the first place?

BigMommaJesca

Asked by BigMommaJesca at 1:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• oh yeah, would be much better! If you have no idea what is going on you should not vote. It is no offense, but this election is definately not something to toy around with. If you have done a ton of research and have watched the debates and interviews and you have your mind set on who the right canidate would be, then you should definately go vote. But please do not vote off of what you hear. There is a lot of rumor about both canidates floating around!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Wow, that is a tricky one. I'm also ready to agree with you. I guess it is better to stay home than to put a person in just because you did eany, meany, miney, mo. To go into anything as important as this blindly---is just insane. Our future lies in our hands and many people take this right for granted~!!!!
    ChrisandLiz

Answer by ChrisandLiz at 2:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Its to the point where Im not sure if our vote truly counts anyway.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely worse to make an uneducated vote! That's why I have a hard time getting behind voter registration drives & such. Since when was it ever so hard to register to vote? You go to the post office or library & fill out a card & mail it in. If you can't put out that much effort, I question whether you should be voting at all. Voting isn't "cool". It's important. Don't be a jerk.
    cpyrrha

Answer by cpyrrha at 3:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I agree with most of the answers. If you don't care, or don't have a CLUE, don't throw off the vote for the rest of us who HAVE done our homework.

nobakecheezcake

Answer by nobakecheezcake at 3:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I am always encouraging people to vote but if people are unwilling to do research and make informed decisions on the issues, they should stay out of it. Voting is a privilege that has been fought for in this country and should not be taken lightly. Voting should not be done out of fear or because they "heard somewhere" about a candidate or an issue.
    r2momma

Answer by r2momma at 4:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• alot of the things i read on here i think alot of people should stay home. Not because they don't agree with me but because thier reasons have so much to do with nothing,. like race and religion. Who ever you think your going to vote for you do research on all candidates.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Uneducated vote.
    EmpressCrawford

Answer by EmpressCrawford at 3:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't vote because I'm not willing to wade through the muck to find out what's true and what's lies.
    Jmum

Answer by Jmum at 5:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008