What week would you start packing your hospital bag?

Im now 29 weeks. What week should I have it ready just in case?!? 34-36 weeks? before then?

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 12:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 37

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• personally, i'd just make a list of stuff, and then pack when labor starts, or when you think labor is starting. i packed my first while i was in labor. my 2nd, i didn't have one packed, i went into labor at 33 weeks and i wasn't at home.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• well considereing my water broke at 37 weeks...you might want to have to ready sooner than that. you never know. pack it the beginning of your third trimester that way if you think of anything else you want to pack you have time.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• With my first I had it packed at 34 weeks, and had EVERYTHING all the "what to pack" lists tell you to pack. With my third I didn't pack until 38 1/2 weeks and only the essentials. I learned that most of the stuff those lists tell you to pack, you really do need.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• With my first one I waited to pack my bag thinking I would have time and it turned out that I didn't. My water broke and my contractions were 2 minutes apart and I had to leave right then for the hospital so we were throwing stuff into a bag and the whole time I remember yelling at DH that we should have been prepared. Lol. So with my second one I packed my bad at around 32 weeks and made sure I added my toothbrush and stuff back in after I used it so it was always ready to go.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My water broke at 36w 6d for my first and I was only half packed so this time I'm going to finish packing at 34 weeks, which is scary because that will be 2 weeks from Friday. Yikes!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The appointment that my doctor told me I had started to dilate, I don't remember what week. I thought to myself if I had already dilated some I'd better be safe than sorry so I went home and packed. One word of advice: Bring regular size shampoo and conditioner. I brought one bottle each of the travel size and ran out after the first time I washed my hair.
    mrsdinsmore

Answer by mrsdinsmore at 1:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and had my son at 35 weeks. So just to be safe I would have it packed around 34 weeks. You never now what could happen and not have "time" to pack while you are in labor.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I packed mines at 38 weeks.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think you should start getting all your things ready now with all the upcoming things the last thing you want to do is worry about packing your stuff at the last min. im 26 weeks and im already starting to buy my stuff for my hospital bag. (pillows, socks, pjs, slippers) =)
    mayramommy1991

Answer by mayramommy1991 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010