HAS ANYONE USED A SLEEP POSIONER FOR THEIR NEWBORN? IF SO IS THE FIRST YEARS SOLD AT TARGET AND KMART GOOD WHERE IT RECLINES THE BABY HEAD FOR BETTER AIRFLOW WHILE SLEEPING. PLS ANY RESPONCE IS GUD.

MZLAYDEE

Asked by MZLAYDEE at 12:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im a firm believer in side sleeping, its always worked for me. I just used the normal positioner.
    I think half of the crap they sell for babys is litterally just to make money off of, they will put anything on the package if it makes the a buck!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 12:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I SAW ONE THAT JUS LAYS FLAT AND THAT ONE WAS FINE WITH ME UNTIL I SEEN THE ONE THAT RECLINES THE HEAD FOR BETTER AIRFLOW. TO BE HONEST IM NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE ONE THAT RECLINES. SO THAT IS WHY I ASKED THE QUESTION CUZ IM A FIRST TIME MOM AND IM JUST TRYNA DECIDE.
    MZLAYDEE

Comment by MZLAYDEE (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Its all good i had all the same questions when i was too!! They know that first time moms Esp. want the best for their baby and this is how they do it. I dont think a reclining position will do anything for the baby, except be a hazzard if the baby slipped off of it.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 12:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• YES THAT IS WAT I WAS SCARED OF BECAUSE TO BE HONEST IT REALLY DIDNT LOOK TO SAFE BUT AS U SAY WORDS CAN GET U.
    MZLAYDEE

Comment by MZLAYDEE (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I had that for my son and LOVED IT!!! that was 6 years ago i just got 1 for my daughter and she doesn't stay in it keeps slidding down it, i found her 1 morning with her head between the two pillow things THANK GOD her head was facing up needless to say it was taken out of her crib that second... i think I would go with the one that lays flat in the crib and if you need your childs head elivated than put something under the mattress ( i had to because my son spit up soo much) I think I am going to try the one that lays flat because I believe in the side sleeping also I do not like flat on their backs I don't know why but I don't!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• YEA I THINK I WILL GO WITH THAT. THANX
    MZLAYDEE

Comment by MZLAYDEE (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• They never worked for our kids. I just used rolled up receiving blankets.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If your a crafty momma you can make a sleep positioner really cheap! lol
    Sorry im a super sewing fanatic i think of weird things
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 5:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I elevated the mattress in the basinet and crib from underneath so there was a slight incline. This is what they do in the hospital. It helps keep the baby's sinuses open. I also ran a fan on low in the room (pointing away from the baby) to keep a constant airflow.
    ramawin

Answer by ramawin at 9:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010