I know not all SAHMs think this but I know some do

But why do some SAHMs think working moms dont care about their kids as much as the SAHMs do?? I am a working mom not by choice.. Its a have to in my house that I have to work a full time job and so does my DH.. I also know alot of working moms think SAHMs are lazy.. Iam NOT one of them.. I know for a fact ( because I was a SAHM too) That SAHMs work as hard as working moms.. I just want to know why some think we dont care about our LOs??? I know I do and wish I could be home with her all the time but cant because we need the money..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• This question has been asked a million times. Some working moms think SAHMs are lazy.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• surrenderThis tends to start fights on here. Cease and desist!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I certainly don't feel this way. I am currently a SAHM but I was a working mother for the first year of my daughters life because if I didn't work we couldn't have gotten by at all. I thought about her constantly all day at work and couldn't wait to rush home and spend time with her!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i have not bought into sterio typing either sahm or working moms
    all moms are hard working
    sah moms sometimes wish to be out in real world
    working outside the home moms sometimes wish to be at home
    can not have both worlds, but grass can be greener no matter what side of fence
    moms try to do it all, just the way moms are
    so, i find no reason what so ever to slam the other side
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I've done BOTH- both have challeneges, both have rewards.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• What does it matter who thinks what about whom? We do our best for our kids, and that's all we can do.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 12:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• don't judge someone until you've lived in their shoes for a day/week/year... that's my only advice/answer. i respect working moms so much because i can't imagine having to leave my LOs in someone else's care all the time :'( and unfortunately i may be a working mom soon cause my dh is looking for a new job or might start working from home and then i'll be out working too :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• All moms love their children whether they stay at home or work out of the home.That's insane that anyone would even try to think that way .I stay at home now,but not always.The love doesn't change. :/
    WeAre138

Answer by WeAre138 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Why does it matter so much what other random people on here think?
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I work, but Im a single parent so I have too. I wish someone would write a book someday about what working moms go through mentally leaving their young children with a sitter. The depression is real, the anxiety is real. Its like a big dark secret that isnt talked about anywhere. When you go to work you have to put your fight face on and get on with it. I dont think sahm's are lazy at all. I believe they are allowed to create a much better routine then working moms. My schedule rotates and I work on Saturdays. Besides the normal routine of taking kids to school and picking them up, Sunday became the crash course day at my house. Had to do all the laundry, clean the house, try to find sometime for my family. It was insane sometimes, thats the only way to describe when the kids where little. If you can afford it and you are in a stable marriage, by all means stay home and raise those babies!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010