With the current economic crisis, why do so many of you moms care so much about trivial issues in this presidential race?

A lot of Cafe Moms are up in arms about trivial issues in this race rather than important ones. I see passionate posts about Obama consorting with "terrorists," Rev. Wright, abortion (which will remain legal no matter who wins, e.g, George Bush is a pro-life president--abortion is legal), the rumor that Obama is muslim, Palin being likable, etc. Why are you not concerned with real issues that are going to matter in the years to come: the housing market, economy, school systems, job creation, health insurance. McCain/Palin are pulling the wool over everyone's eyes like Bush convincing us that trivial issues are more important than the ones that truly affect our lives. Are you really going to care about Palin's likability or REv. Wright when your husband is stationed in Iraq for the next 100 years (which McCain has stated is a possibility) or you get laid off from your job due to this shitty economy? Wake up people!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Finally A Voice of Reason!! Thank You for that question! I thought I was the only one who felt that way!!
    Anonymous

• My husband and I are preparing for all possibilities. While we "get by" with the house we rent now, we're moving within the month to a cheaper one. This is a just-in-case precaution, because no matter who gets elected, it's only going to get worse before it gets better.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Some of us are looking at the serious issues but may still disagree on how to accomplish the solutions. There are those who, like myself, who are looking at the same issues but see it differently. For me..
    *Housing Market---it is in a mode of self correction
    *economy---yes, we need help and McCain's plan works for, and no, we don't make more than $55
    *school systems--yes, this is bad, that is why we homeschool, but vouchers will make a positive difference.
    *job creation--cut taxes on businesses, they will be able to afford more jobs, imo
    *health insurance---I don't want gov't taking over my care, yes Obama says he offers "choice" but in the end, if he can really make it happen, it will be complete universal care. McCain lowers our health care costs without making big government
    Anonymous

• ill give credit that obama's plan for our economy sounds better than mccains BUT what does that matter when we are gettin our a$$*$ blown up again?? hmm? its going to be 9-11 all over again when obama gets in office. He is a freakin idiot when it comes to foreign policy and terrorism. He has a layperson's outlook on this war and I admit that if my brother wasnt literally 2 ft fm bin laden and told me inside info, I would possibly think the same.. but i dont. Iraq and afghanistan ARE connected. He didnt mention russia in the debate.. I was thinking "what about russia?" then mccain bought it up!

Anonymous

• Russia's leader already publicly said obama was a joke and he hopes he gets elected... what do you think that mean? Obama said al qaeda wasnt in iraq... umm hello! they had moved there b4 we did! AND the day after the debate I was listening to talk radio and they did a report about how iraq police are now allowing women to become officers because the al qaeda having been using women to blow thing up there in iraq and they need women to search other women. WTF?! Listen to the radio much obama?! And Pakistan... omfg!! The day after the debate, pakistani officials made an announcement that americans were not allowed in or anywhere near Pakistan boarder... great job obama... you arent even in office yet!
    Anonymous

• How on earth can you buy this shit when the situation at home is so dire? You want all out war, fine, you'll have that at the cost of your children's health care, school situation, future ability to get student loans, and future job prospects. We haven't gotten our ass blown up since 9-11 and may I remind you that Iraq had nothing to do with that! Bin Laden is hiding in the mountains of Pakistan, not Iraq, lest we all forget such a minor detail. How about we have it your way and turn this country into a total police state, blow up the entire middle east, and elect whomever is willing to do this as fast as possible. Forget that more people in this country die from sheer poverty than died in 9-11 and Iraq and every other freakin 'war we've ever had. Serious war hawk fever, freak!
    Anonymous

• I never said that I was for the war, I took your issues that you listed in your OP and went through them one by one. I agree, we don't need to be in Iraq, but there are more things that I agree with McCain. The current economic crisis is more closely related to CRA (Carter), Clinton, Barney Frank and Obama than the current administration. Yes, Bush has debt now and at $10 billion a month is too much, but remember, a lot of changes take years to take a affect. Plus, CRA is in direct relation to ACORN, Fannie and Freddie and now it leads to Obama's pockets.
    Anonymous

• Yes and McCain is linked to the Keating Five scandals and also receives money from corporate interests.
    Anonymous

• Well I guess from reading your question we know who you are supporting....Are you assuming when you say that McCain and Palin are pulling the wool over everyone's eyes????? Is there a chance that Obama and Biden are also doing the same thing???? or do you have some sort of telepathic knowledge? Perhaps some secret information from the CIA?....NO ONE IS PULLING THE WOOL OVER MY EYES....but having to read ridiculous insinuations like these show the level of maturity in some of the people on here!
    Anonymous