Would you tell her ?

So hubs has a friend who openly admitted to him that he has been cheating on his wife.Not with just one person but with several women.I know the wife but we aren't like "friends" or anything.Would you tell her or keep your mouth shut?
I'm not saying a word.I would not violates hubs trust like that.Just curious what others think.

WeAre138

Asked by WeAre138 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• First of all, you wouldn't be aware of the situation if your husband didn't tell you! And like many stupid women here, to go and tell her would undermine your husbands trust and sharing this private information with you. Right, ladies? Yes, it's an unfortunate situation and we all would want to know but it's not your business and not your marriage. If you want to tell her, then you have to do it with your husbands support. Keep in mind, this is your husband's longlife friend and you can't cross that line without collateral damage! Now, go do the right thing!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I was just in this current situation except it was the other way around. It was MY friend who cheated on her husband twice. My hubby chose to tell her husband but only because they were close friends. If you don't have any connection to this person and you girls arent close then it wouldnt probably be best to keep your nose out of it. I know from experience because the situation got REALLY dirty after my husband told hers. But ... as a wife.. I would kind of wonder why my husband thinks that this guy's behavior is acceptable at all.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'd tell her. Would you want someone to hold back this kind of info if you were in your shoes?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'd tell her... if the shoe was on the other foot would you want her to keep her mouth shut?

Maybe he told you hoping you would tell the wife?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Agree that you should not violate your DH's trust.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Crap situation, but honestly, I dont think I would say anything either. Unless the girl is someone your friends with or know and see often. Very sad, but I dont think I could be the one to tell her.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• as a wife.. I would kind of wonder why my husband thinks that this guy's behavior is acceptable at all. ...............

Ding, Ding, Ding.............great question/point

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• keep it to yourself. it's not your marriage to meddle in. saying something could cause more stress, more agony and drama for all.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Definately a tricky situation. Most people know the unwritten rule that anything you tell one spouse the other will know too. I assume anything I tell my friends their husbands will know too. Maybe the friend is trying to get caught and hopes you will do something. Maybe the spouse of the cheater knows and just is biding her time til she figures out what she wants to do. Most people are so defensive when confronted with stuff like this. THey won't believe the information and turn on you. I would say your loyatly lies with your husband and keeping his confidence. Maybe there is an anonymous way to get her the information.
    JenSzat

Answer by JenSzat at 12:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No he doesn't think it's acceptable.But they have been best friends since elm. school ,and I wouldn't want to be the one to destroy that friendship.
    WeAre138

Comment by WeAre138 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010