My 1 and half yr old son stuck a sugar snap pea up his nose...

He stuck a pea up his nose. I looked in there and could see it way up there then he sneezed and now I can't see it anymore. I'm not sure if it came out (there were other peas on his tray) or if it just went to where we can't see it. I called the doctor and they said if I can't see it then they can't and if it went up even more it probably would have just gone down his throat and swallowed it. This is the 1st time anything like this has happened and I am extremely concerned. Any help or similar stories?

crystal1480

Asked by crystal1480 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Watch him and see if he gets a really bad runny nose. Does his breathing sound normal? My granddaughter put a bead up her nose once. My DIL did not know anything was wrong until the baby got a really bad runny nose. It is the body trying to deal with the foreign substance. Call Dr again later on if things don't seem to be back to normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• When DD stuck a bead up her nose, I brought her to the pedi. He JUST couldn't reach it and sent us to ER. Triage nurse asked how dedicated I was, and told me to hold the other nostril closed and blow in her mouth. Out came the bead. Not sure if this is pertinant, but she asked if the bead had a hole in it (it did). I don't know if she needed to know that for the blowing thing, or just to know in general. I am NOT a doctor, nurse, or medical professional, so if you decide to try this, know that I can't guarantee results.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010