What is a fun activity to play inside that is like an outside activity when its raining?

I promised my boys we would go outside to play after nap time but now it is storming and I need something to play inside. They are 3 and 2.

Tab2

Asked by Tab2 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• building forts with pillows and sheets or mountains with that stuff and running and jumping on them, climbing over them, underthem. rolling a ball back and forth. Make a slide with pillows off your couch. fill the sink with water and use plastic cups, bowls, spoons and some bubbles and play with the water.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 12:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We used to make a fort out of the dining room table (by tossing a couple of sheets over it), then taking a bunch of pillows inside and playing board games or reading books. My daughter loved this!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Hide and seek.or make a fort. My boys are also 3 and 2 and we love doing those. I'm usuallu the tickle monster trying to break into the fort. I pull one child out at a time and tickle and pretend to eat them. Let them go and run back under then go for the next one. Have fun.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• 1-Play treasure hunters.
    This is one of those rainy day activities that requires a little advance parental prep, but is always a big hit with kids (whether it's a rainy day or not, really!). Stash clues around the house (adjust difficulty based on the ages of your kids; use picture cues for little ones, tricky puns for older children), directing kids to hunt for a hidden prize.
    2-Bring outdoor games in for a surprising switch on rainy day activities.
    Play basketball with a soft foam or sponge ball, or just wad up some newspaper; the hoop can be any basket or receptacle (either hung on the wall or resting on the floor). Have kids shoot from different parts of the room or in different ways.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010