I am not sure where to put this but it made me crazy today when i saw

No bashing please

This woman was in the Dr's office getting checked to see if she was pregnant while her SO/Hubby was outside walking with their year old baby. she came out all excited. fine and dandy and i was happy for them. they put the baby in the car seat and both proceeded to light cigerettes and take off i felt for the baby in the backseat and the unborn

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I can understand this; I recently quit smoking (couldn't manage to when I was pregnant with 20-month-old DD). All non-smokers talk about quitting smoking like it's the easiest thing on earth, and that's just ridiculous. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a former addict (I did coke for about 2 1/2 years before I got pregnant, and was a drunk too. fun times.) and the harder substances were WAY easier to give up than the cigarettes were.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• People make poor decisions every day.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 1:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• maybe she was excited because she wasn't pregnant?
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I believe it should be illegal to smoke in your home or vehicle if you have children. I quit smoking a little over a year ago, and my husband is still a smoker. We never smoke in our home or vehicle, rather the kids are in it or not.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• While I can't stand people who smoke around kids or while pregnant, I used to be one of them, when I was young and dumb. With my first child I had a very hard time quitting and ended up smoking through at least half the pregnancy. I've been lucky and haven't smoked in years now, but it's hard and I know it is. I think people should really try to quit and save the money for their kids. But that's my opinion. My oldest child has asthma and I'm pretty positive it's because I smoked while I was pregnant. Lesson learned for me. We can't control others and have to take comfort that the baby's soul choose that person to be his/her parent for a reason and that all is as it should be.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 1:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That's sad. Hopefully they both get help and are able to quit for BOTH of their babies!
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 1:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That makes me sad too.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 1:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That is terrible. They have no sense. They need to stop smoking!!! There r no health benefits to it!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• some people really don't see anything wrong with smoking...especially when they are smokers. Some people are able to stop with no problem when they hear they are pregnant and some try but can't and others don't care at all to stop. and they don't even think about second hand smoke. I can definitely understand what you felt. i used to be a smoker and as a nonsmoker now... i can see where i went wrong. Perhaps they will stop..maybe?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That makes me very sad.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010