Anyone ever tried a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes/ to lose weight?

Have you tried a diabetic diet to lose weight? how did it go?
How easy is it to eat diabetic friendly food? How does it taste?
Any tips?

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• A diabetic diet is very healthy and balanced. Its carbs comes from vegetables and natural forms and would serve lots of people well even if they don't have diabetes. Certainly better than any fad diet out there!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yes i did bc i was prediabetic and was told to lose the weight or become diabetic and maybe never concieve. i lost 60lbs and felt great, i got pregnant in a few months. i liked a lot of the food, my biggest problem is like everyone else's...portion control, you really have to do portion control and healthier snacks.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes during my pregnancy. I lost weight following the diabetic meal plan. I have recently started it again for the sole purpose of losing weight.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• it does work and as long as you watch your carb/sugar intake you can eat just about anything you it right now it's just smaller portions and more often.
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• angevil53.. I am trying to lose weight so I can have a healthy pregnancy...
    With my first pregnancy (suprise baby) I gained 70lbs! & delivered at 235.. after delivery I got to 205 when dd was 6mo.. But now she is 4 & I weigh 218 --- highest being 225!! (Pretty much Im "8mo pregnant!" )
    So im trying to get down to a good weight (140s-150s) & manage my next pregnancy better ... The first time around I thought every time i was hungry i needed to eat or my baby would starve and i was so tired i never wanted to do much.. So next time around I hope to make better food choices. eat less & move more!
    But.. Gotta get to that goal weight first!
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010