Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

how do you get out of a verbally abusive married withou getting really screwed?

he's turned my kids against me

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • Get a good lawyer.

    Answer by WeAre138 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • how old are the children? how long has this been going on? has it ever been physical at all?

    Answer by sati769leigh at 1:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Get a lawyer and get out. Your children will come to realize the truth in time.

    Answer by queen.bee at 1:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • lots of evidence.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 1:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Get a lawyer? How old r the kids? and If they are young then get out and don't worry they would understand the truth. And as it ever gotten physical?. Its not really good to stay in marriage if there is a lot of verbal abrusive is going on. What u need to do is get out as soon as possible.

    Answer by andmaef28 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • I agree with the PP. Get a very good lawyer.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Hi, go to your phone book and look up the neariest domestic violence center in your area. Call them and set up an appointment to meet with an advocate. They are trained counselors who deal with dv situations every single day. There is also legal advocates as well who can assist you with the legal side of getting out of a dv situation. Many times they have referrals to lawyers who specialize in dv in your area, Good luck

    Answer by beyondhopes at 1:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • I also wanted to add, the centers have group meetings and child care for it. Depending on your childrens ages, they also have groups for children with a licensed and trained childrens advocate. P.S. Aside from the center being helpful, it really looks good to a judge..:)

    Answer by beyondhopes at 1:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Doesn't he understand that he is hurting his kids?You need to file for divorce.Don't be a bitch about it.Keep it fair and be an adult about it.Get joint custody with you having physical custody.I hope this helpeg you. Good luck!!!

    Answer by bvannkissy at 1:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • yeah if the kids are still young then you get your things & leave they will understand but i hope you get everything you need to get out & be strong the kids wont hate you forever you be ok

    Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.