diaper brands which are better

My dd is ten months old. When she was first born we had problems with her going through the diapers all the time until someone suggested we pull the fringes out along the inner part of her legs and that solved it right thena nd there. Now at ten months its happening all the time again even with pulling out the fringes. She weighs about 20lbs and we have her in size 3 huggies (the big red/maroon box). Should we switch brands or maybe go up a size? Any suggestions?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always used huggies till my daughter got in size 3 then switched to Pampers. I don't know what's up with the size 3 huggies.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Go up a size. Leaking is the sign that the diapers are too small. The weight on the box is never right.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Some people have successes with different brands. Both of my boys peed right out of Pampers, and Huggies worked great, but I know some people that had problems with Huggies and only pampers worked for them.
    I personally would try a different brand.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would go up a size and if that doesn't work then try a different brand. My son used Pampers when we was first born but we had to switch to Huggies when he was around a year old. There really is not a "better" brand. It all depends on your child.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Pampers cruisers/swaddlers have always been the best to me. They don't leak and they have a gel that soaks up the liquid and keeps it off the baby.

I would reccomend at least giving another brand a try and see what you think... or just as mompam said, go up a size. :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i would go up a size, and i always use the store brands. we use either up and up from target, or parents choice from walmart, they are cheaper and we never have any leaking problems.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I used cloth diapers on my children. My girls like Huggies for boys and Pampers for the girls. They think there's a difference in the way they work. So maybe you should just experiment a little, and see which works best for you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have always had problems with Huggies. Luvs seem to be the best brand in my opinion.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I only used the Pampers brand for my girls, cruisers/swaddlers have always been the best to me. They don't leak and they have a gel that soaks up the liquid and keeps it off the baby.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I used Pampers and target brand the most. Huggies used to always leak for my boy. Now I'm expecting again, but scared to use the new Pampers since I've read so much about the dry max. So I will just have to try different brands until I find one I like I guess. Sigh.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010