Oh, no! Please tell me it's not colic!

As of the past 24 hours: DS, three months old, cries. And cries. He has gone from eating 6 oz bottles to eating 4.5 oz bottles. I try to get him to finish the 6 oz, but he just spits it all out and pushes the nipple out with his tongue. And then proceeds to cry no matter what I do. He's not constipated, not teething, not running a fever. The only way I can get him to stop crying is rocking him to sleep. On Friday, he got a round of 5 vaccinations. I don't know whats wrong!
PLEASE HELP!

s.gerhold0513

Asked by s.gerhold0513 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• he may be teething and you can't see it yet..so put just a little baby orajel.. also.. take some vicks.. and rub just a little bit on the spots where he was given shots.. this helps to ease the pain if there is any. also.. if it's colic.. rub his back and pat his back and make sure he is all burped. soemtimes they have deep burps that need to come out. and also rub his tummy lots and bring his knees up to his belly to get gas out.. I recommend barley water. You can boil the barley..throw away the foam.. and take the water and mix it with his formula.. or give plain.. this helps remove gas and keep him flowing. and check to see if it might have anything to do with the vaccines. i hope this helps.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'm just gonna throw in my 2 cents on colic- my oldest was diagnosed colic. My youngest had all the same exact symptoms, but her doctor told me it was reflux, so we treated that and she got better! I hate the diagnosis of colic! Talk to your pedi about it, colic IMHO is just doctor's way of saying "your baby is fussy, we don't want to figure out why, deal with it"

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The effects from the vaccinations shouldn't have lasted this long, but its possible. Have you tried tylenol or motriin? There's also GRIPE Water. Its otc and the only place I've found it is at WAL GREENS... It helps with stomach discomfort and hiccups. It helped when im daughter was having her troubles. Hope you the best.
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I Did have a colic child and from what I read and learned, it seems odd to get colic at 3 months old.. not unheard of of course but not common.. I would agree with darkfaery to get another diagnosis or opinion.. also, some kids just get extra fussy during brain developments and growth spurts..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Well I would have said colic until you mentioned the vaccinations. He seems to be having a severe reaction to them.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I had one child who had colic, but he developed it much younger than 3 months. So I doubt that's what is wrong.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You might want to look into a dairy intollerance or allergy. Many children will have "colic" like symptoms, when in fact, their tummys are just upset from the milk protein. That would at least be a good start.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It sounds like a reaction to the vaccinations. 1) call your health care provider 2) report the reaction http://www.nvic.org/reportreaction.aspx
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 1:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I also think it sounds like a vaccine reaction.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 2:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i recommend you watch the dunstan language videos.. they tell you how to identify your baby's cry.. very useful
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010