If you were one of those people who worked a steady job and had an average life (as most of us do) and then suddenly came into A LOT of money that made you a millionaire, would tell anyone? Or would you just go about business as usual and just let people figure it out?

taylormommie

Asked by taylormommie at 2:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'd keep it to myself. Otherwise, people you haven't seen in years will come looking for a hand out-- and they'll see u as a bad person if u refuse. I'd just tell the people who I think I can trust, people who would find out eventually. just don't make it obvious by spending like crazy. Maybe say you hit the lottery for about $50,000 or whatever would make them believe you even if u started spending frivolously.
    Anonymous

• Depends on the amount. Even a million dollars is not a lifetime fortune anymore. Now if it were millions and millions, I'd tell everyone and then go to some tiny island to sip umbrella drinks.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• lol.. You got some money to share with me, girl?
    BaysMom26

Answer by BaysMom26 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would not tell anyone,family or friends or people I work with.. I know my DH's family they would be begging for money..They wouldn't leave us alone.

Answer by louise2 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i agree with louise2 my hubbys family would be beggin for money espically his mother...

i will be a happy SAHM and my hubby can go to school for what he wants to do in life, i love staying at home with my boy!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• With my home based business we are on our way to millionaire status and I want to tell the world. I want to share them everyone what we did to become successful and show them how they can too. In our business, we have many millionaires..they went from overage Joe to millionaire in not time...why, because they had goals and they followed the paved road left by the other millionaires...So what are you waiting for? Let me share with you what our team has done. Sharing the wealth.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I WOULD KEEP IT TO MYSELF. I AM NOT A BIG SPENDER ANYWAYS, SO I WOULDNT GO OUT AND FLAUNT THAT I HAD COME INTO MONEY. I WOULD STILL LIVE THE NORMAL LIFE I DO NOW. BESIDES THERE WOULD BE TOO MANY HASSLES IF YOU WERE TO GO AND LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. TOO MANY PEOPLE WOULD BE COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK. I WOULDNT WANT THAT AND NOR WOULD I NEED THAT.
    lovinben

Answer by lovinben at 5:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i would buy a nice home nice car take care of my family and bank the rest after church and charities id surprise them with some huge gift like paying off their house or something like that.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 6:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I'd keep it to myself. Of couse i'd buy a house but more than likely tell people I got a loan & am paying a mortgage. I know my fiance's parents would be hitting us up for money like crazy because they spend all their money for bills on weed.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 8:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would share with some people but not everyone. If I did decide to give people money I would make it very clear to them that I am not the bank and if they spent it up then they are out of luck
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 4:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008