Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why the heck is my ex saying this to me?

Me and him dated for like 8 year we broke up not even a month ago. He had a drinking problem and would steal/sell my stuff just to get some alcohol. I gave him chance after chance for years finally got tired of it b/c he would stay gone for days at a time and lost his job for drinking on the job he doesn't or didn't support his child in any way. He messaged me on Facebook saying "my mom is making me talk to her mexican friend" Um WTH really his parents act like everything is my fault I really don't care who he goes out with but it makes me mad he is going off with people and not supporting his kid at all. So what should I do I feel like being mean saying something like Well maybe she will make you get a job so my boyfriend don't have to support your child (i did start dating a guy a week ago) then i feel like leaving it alone and not say anything

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • Just leave it alone, ignore it. Sounds like he is just trying to get a reaction out of you.

    Answer by JamieLK at 1:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Child support ... just take him to court for support of his kids..

    Answer by MTM at 1:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • I would say;

    "Maybe she'll make you bitchin taco's"

    and leave it at that. Don't put much energy into it. He is trying to make you jealous, that is all. Don't let him get a reaction out of you, thats what he wants. Don't add fuel to the fire. Act like you don't care.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 1:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • I have child support inforcement from when we was together b/c he would get paid everyother week and if he got the check before I could get to his work and get it the whole entire check would be gone on alcohol/drugs or whatever he was buying I don't know why I stayed with him for so long....So i am not getting child support right now b/c he don't have a job or if he does i don't know where it is so i can report it. So as of now the child support is building up. I know at tax time I am suppose to get the tax return money but he owes the IRS lots of money so I will not get it.

    Answer by Shannon706 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Firsr of all,he is an alcoholic.There is nothingyou can do until he decides to get help.If I were you,I'd get a restraining order against him.He obviously can't give you any child support right now,but I would still take him to court and have a judge order it.that way ,things will be documented.And then If I were you,I'd find the closest AL-ANON Meeting & go to a few.Those meetings help you understand the behaviors of an alcoholic and you'll also meet people who are in your shoes.Sometimes it helps to know that you are not alone.Good luck sweetheart.You will be alright!

    Answer by bvannkissy at 1:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • i would block & delete him from facebook ignore him dont let him get to you dont even say nothing to him you are better then that & you deserve alot better then the way he is treating you goodluck

    Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • he's just trying to stir up drama. alcoholics are good at that and they can't understand when someone whose strings they pulled for so many years no longer cares enough to be upset. the more you react the more you play into his game. what will bug him more than any mean thing you could say AND as an added bonus will make you feel best about yourself is to just ignore him. also... block him from your facebook. even if you have kids together he doesn't need to be on it.

    Answer by figaro8895 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.