whats the best position in trying to conceive

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The one that's most mutually satisfying. Of course the man has to get off to get a good amount of sperm, and it's best if the woman gets off, too, because the orgasm draws the sperm in toward the cervix. Other than that, it doesn't really matter. Timing is everything. We conceived our second in one shot with me standing up and going to the bathroom right afterwards. If the timing isn't right, it's not going to happen regardless of position; if the timing's right, then all that matters is you get some sperm in there. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• ya know, i dont think it matters. we did use missionary but there was no pillow, no propping up to keep everything in longer, it just happened....and now we have twins on the way.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Missionary

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have always heard missionary.. with a pillow underneath you to prop you up..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• missionary or on your hands and knees.
    the worst is woman on top
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I heard missionary too, and I heard to lay down for 15 minutes afterwords.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Missionary and lie down all night long ....no jumping out of bed to take a shower .
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have heard a lot of way help you get pregnant. What I just did is after we were done having sex I would just prop my hips up and let the gravity take its course.
    Kristin0312

Answer by Kristin0312 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We are trying missionary and 'doggy style' and laying on pillows with bottom propped up for 20 - 30min. afterwards as we have had difficulty concieving and finally did after 9 years but sadly m/c in June so are trying again. As with what most of the people are telling you, some people have to time it just right and position themselves just right to make it happen while others seem to get preggo no matter what position they use or if/how long they lay in bed afterwards to help aid the journey of the sperm. Best wishes to you as you try to conceive.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 3:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010