Any one else already started their Christmas shopping?

I officially started my Christmas shopping on Sunday. Anyone else already started? What's your reasoning for starting so early?

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• lol, I have late summer b-days for my kids, so Im still stuck in b-day mode for awhile
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• shoot no i still have to get one ready for school next month and get ready for holloween and thanksgiving. not to mention getting the house ready for winter.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I plan on starting this weekend. I always start in August or September. I just pick up stuff on sale when I see it.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes I did, but it was an unplanned start that created a plan! lol, If that amkes sense?

We went to the mall where my daughter (3) found an Elmo bookbag. :) She (of course) went nuts so I had her be a big girl and put it back on the shelf for mommy (which she did without the first fit, my children understand that mommy and daddy don't always have much money for stuff like that) and go find daddy to tell him about the awesome book bag - while I went behind her and bought it! lmao

That got me to thinking about how close the holiday was and I thought about how I better get started! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oh heck no
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I started two weeks ago, buying one present each. I'll continue to do that as much as I can because I'm tired of doing the scramble right before the holidays. My kids deserve a nice Christmas.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Wow, I'm impressed. I started thinking about it, but that's it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have! I already have my nephews and parents done :) I buy stuff on clearance.
    We are also already setting money aside for Christmas. We have $300 so far which will cover both kids. We'll shop for them on black friday though and after :)
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, I found a couple of gifts last weekend - figured I might as well buy them when I saw them.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world who does that lol. I found stuff that was 90% off that was my mom's style of decorating stuff so I had to buy it. Clearance and sales are the only way I can justify buying things for people lol, otherwise my gift giving gets out of hand since I love to give gifts
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010