How do i get a 2 year old to stop cussing?

I've tried everything!!!

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Swipe vinegar on the tongue.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Stop cussing in front of them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Just ignore it. If he doesn't get a reaction, he might stop doing it. And also try to stop using those words around him. That's pretty hard in my house though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Wash that little mouth out with soap and remove the person from his life from whom he is hearing it to begin with.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• stop cussing. And if you say you dont then stop watching tv where they do or remove them from the person who is doing the cussing. They have to have heard if from someone.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No more cursing around him and time outs. If all else fails. Ignore it.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Look, this is a dumb question, and yes there are dumb questions! You cuss too much, or they wouldnt! Stop, and be a responsible parent!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I told my oldest daughter when she tried that at age 18 months (thanks grandma, lol) that to speak like that is ugly and I will not condone ugly behavior in my home. If she would let a dirty word slip I would put her in timeout and tell her not to act ugly because then no-one will like her or want to play with her. I also told her that if she couldn't speak like a little lady then we couldn't ever go ANYWHERE.
    She DOES NOT speak rudely anymore! ;)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• wow i think soap in their mouth a 2 year old what kinda words is he saying
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my mom, when i was little, everytime i would cuss, she would tell me that those were potty words and if i wanted to say them, then i had to go in the bathroom. she says that i would go in the bathroom and say them over and over, but then got tired of it and just quit cussing. try to limit what your lil one is hearing. in my house my dd knows they are "daddy words" and only he's allowed to say them.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010