Where can I find a local play group for my son? (Annapolis, MD)

We are on a budget and I can't afford Gymboree or the like. How can I find local play groups in Annapolis, MD for myself and my 23 month old son, or does anyone know of any/are a part of any taking new "members"?

BerryHappyMom

Asked by BerryHappyMom at 1:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Look for churches who have Mothers Day out programs. They are usually free. Some may require you to help out once a month or so, but that's a good way to make new friends!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Go to this website: www.meetup.com. You will find a group in ur area. Or u can create a group
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Also go to ur local parks n rec. They offer classes for a small fee (parent Ed for toddlers etc)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Google play groups in your area. Also there might be a group on here that is from your city.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• How about your local Library? It's FREE & they offer Toddler/Parent playtime groups multiple times a week. You have to register in advance and they have playtime, music & dance, puppet shows, crafts. Holiday themes etc. That's where I met some other Moms and my Son has a ball! After the classes, they have computers, books & DVD's for the kids. What's better than that?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Thank you all for your feedback. Unfortunatelt, prior to this question I posted I tried all of the things you all mentioned. Thanks so much for trying!:)
    BerryHappyMom

Comment by BerryHappyMom (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010