Seizures?! LOL!

I know this probably sounds like a REALLY DUMB question, but I have to ask before I get super worried. I'm 28 wks along now...for the last few weeks I've been feeling incredibly fast movements, shaky movements - almost like seizures - from the baby, and I'm getting worried. I don't remember this w my other 2 pregnancies...does this sound familiar to anyone else?

nappeal

Asked by nappeal at 1:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why is this LOL? Sounds serious to me. Ask your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have heard of people talking about that but I never experienced it. I have heard that it is fine, but honestly I don't find it to be much of an "LOL" moment myself. I would be worried and I would discuss it with my OBGYN and ask for them to do an ultrasound to check on the baby.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't think it is a siezure (sp sorry), I think you are just feeling the water sack moving all around your abdominal wall when the baby moves, it would be a ripple effect just like throwing a rock into water. However if you are concerned, ALWAYS ask your dr. And sorry but I dont think laughing at sizures is appropriate, they are serious and can kill the person who is having one. Sorry for being sensitive about this, but I had seizures for a long time in my childhood.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• As a mom that has seizures and a DD that has them. Actually all my children will have them most likely as it seems to be a trait I pass along and didn't know it until number 2 came and then got pregnant with number 3 unplanned. Its NOT A LOL matter. I actually almost watched my DD die of one but Thank God she didn't.
    heather_kygirl

Answer by heather_kygirl at 2:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Ladies - I didn't mean seizures in an offensive way. I mean 'LOL' in terms of it just not sounding right while a baby is still in the womb. How is that possible?? Its a concern I will bring up w my dr @ my next appt definitely, but I also was looking to see if any other pregnant women experienced this.
    nappeal

Comment by nappeal (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my son that I am currently pregnant with does that. they ultrasound me during a time he was having them and it was acutally his immature nervous system. it was also like the relfex after they are born when they are scared and throw their arms and legs out, thats what he would do.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 6:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010