ok ladys how can you make or help your cervix thin out and make your self dilate i jus found out today that ill most likely be induced in a week to a week in a half and im not een dialting yet so anything that has worked for any of yall i heard pinapples but does it really work???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can refuse an induction

babies come when they are ready
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Refuse the induction. You cervix can dilate the second labor begins. Nothing will make it dilate and thin out. All those anecdotes can start labor only if your body is ready.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Besides, you can go all the way to 42+ weeks and still be on time. And your baby might not be ready to go until 42 weeks and 1 day.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• They will not force you to accept an induction. Just stay calm and the baby will come when he is ready. You might start dilating any minute!!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Pineapples do not work. I craved and ate them my entire pregnancy and it did nothing!
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There's not a whole lot you can do. However I don't believe inductions are bad. I was induced with both of my children for different reasons (medically viable, so no debates or bashing please). If you're worried about the induction, depending on why your doctor is wanting you to be induced you could refuse. All the natural remedies and "tricks" out there can help you go into labor if your body is ready, but not before. So good luck!
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would refuse to be induced. I was induced with my son and it was rough. I was induced because my live was shutting down, I was extremely ill.

Your baby will come when he/she is ready. I have heard that pineapples work, I drank some raspberry tea and I went into labor that night.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The day I went into labor, I had been to my docs and had an exam and she said I was 1 cm, after my appointment I went shopping at Target (walking around), then went home and worked a little, cleaned, cooked dinner, ate pineapple for dessert (not trying to start labor, just wanted some lol) and then after dinner hubby and I did it in the shower and I hadnt gotten out of the shower before I was having contractions, and when I got to the hospital I was 4cm, I wasnt trying to bring on my labor or anything but going back and looking at that day I did quite a few labor inducing methods, walking, pineapple, sex, I dont know if it all contributed to my labor or if he was just rdy to be born, I was 39 weeks exactly that day, so who knows, I might have helped, it surely did hurt lol
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• just another "refuse the induction" vote. getting induced increases your chances of surgical birth greatly, especially if your cervix isn't ready...
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010