when you are invited to a friends/realitives home for dinner......

do you ask what they are serving. Or simply say yes if you are available.

(most people ask if there is something they can bring... that is not what I mean. I mean do you ask them what they are serving to see if it is what you like to eat.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Uh no. I almost always go if we are available.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• nope, I figure anyone who knows me well enough to invite me to dinner has a general idea of what I will/won't eat
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I ask what they will be serving so then I can ask if I can bring something to complement the meal. Last time we went somewhere, she was going to be making sour cream chicken enchiladas and I was dreading it because I hate sour cream. My husband must have said something to her because that is not what she made. If we ask someone over, we usually tell them in advance what is being made just in case they do not like it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Well i don't ask what they are serving but i do remind them that my husband does not eat meat. I usually don't say this outright but i'll say it in a round about way. i hate to say it out right cause then i think they may think it's rude. so i might call them before the dinner date and say something about having to find a good non meat recipe for hubby.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I dont usually ask but actually most of the time people tell me what they are making..
    mrcameronsmom

Answer by mrcameronsmom at 2:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I may hint around and find out the menu if its someone we know well, but if not then I don't ask. I alswyas offer to bring something though in hopes they will tell me the menu anyways:)
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No way. I offer to take a dish or dessert. I would never be so rude to ask what is for dinner or request the hostess make something special for me. If I am that picky, I would decline the invitation.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would never ask. We only really know casual families with kids anyway. There is always food that we like, and my kids are extremely picky.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I do ask, but only to make sure they aren't serving fish and only fish because my husband is allergic. Otherwise we will eat anything. They can serve fish, we just want them to throw in a chicken breast or something for him.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• nope. i just go if I can. I eat whatever is prepared
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 3:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2010