Do you feel like this?

Many people are saying we need to show our tolerance to the rest of the world by happily allowing this mosque to be built 2 blocks from the 9-11 site. Do we owe it to the world to show tolerance for everything?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• doesn't matter... they own the land and can build whatever the hell they want there....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No, we "owe" the world nothing. We have tried to lead my example. We do practice religious tolerance, or at least to every religion except Christianity. We don't have religious tolerence for Christians; however, being that said, we are taught, as Christians, to turn the other cheek. Have you noticed we only have 2 cheeks?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No, we only owe the friends, family and colleagues of those who died that day, respect.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We should show the world how to be tolerant ,I agree. At this point, we are beginning to look like judgemental,narrow-minded, bigoted people who have no clue. We hear it that ALL muslims want to kill Americans all the time here....which is a blatant LIE....so, maybe we are setting a bad example for the world,huh???I think so. The Mosque was there....why not allow it to exist again two blocks away? It is NOT a recruiting station,even tho the paranoid are eating that lie up and promoting other big lies.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Who cares about the rest of the world?

Its about OUR Constitution....

Do you want YOUR place of worship put up for vote or public opinion?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Nobody said we had to be happy about it, but according to our Constitution, we do have to allow it.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 2:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Do you want YOUR place of worship put up for vote or public opinion?

***

I didn;t get the memo....I thought Cordoba Project was a non-denominational community center? I have yet to hear of a community prohibiting the building of a community center!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Do we owe it to the world to show tolerance for everything?

Only if you expect them to tolerate you and your own religion. If you are happy with it being declared fair game, legislated into a corner, restricted at every turn, and having anyone who wears a cross followed around any airport or store they enter because that makes them "suspicious", go right ahead and be intolerant. If, on the other hand, you would prefer to be treated like a human being, you have to do the same to all the other human beings with whom you share a planet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I didn;t get the memo....I thought Cordoba Project was a non-denominational community center? I have yet to hear of a community prohibiting the building of a community center!! LOL

It is, with a mosque as well......Fox & Friends call it a Mosque at ground zero...Ya know Palin, Gingrich, Fox,....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It is, with a mosque as well......Fox & Friends call it a Mosque at ground zero...Ya know Palin, Gingrich,....

I think you care MORE about what these analysts/commentators say than most conservatives... You seem to hang on their every word...  Interesting...;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010