when do you meet the boyfriends parents?

about how long after you date?

Shannon706

Asked by Shannon706 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I dated the guy for 6 months and was never introduces to his father that he lives with, I was told it was for my own good. My friend didnt want to have to deal with a million questions from his dad. Really? I just felt like it was an insult to me. Part of the many hundreds of reasons I broke it off
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You meet the boyfriend's parents when he decides he wants them to meet you. That was a really good sign in my day, because it meant the guy was serious enough about you that he wanted his mom and dad's approval of the girl he was considering for marriage. There is not set time limit, and it's all up to the guy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• when it gets serious.

hubs parents live on the other side of the contry so I didnt get to meet them until we had been dating for a while.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• it was about 5 or 6 months before I met his parents but that was because we were away at school and he lived in NJ. He was on the baseball team so as soon as his parents came down for a game I met them and spent the weekend with them but that was the soonest we could meet. I think I actually met 1 of his sisters first and this is parents and then a year later his other sister. We were in college and weren't sure how it was going to work out so we weren't too stressed about it.
    Expecting1st

Answer by Expecting1st at 3:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yeah i think when it get serious & he feels ready to introduce his parent to you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• let's see... i met DH's parents pretty quickly - we met on dec 14 and on xmas he was telling his dad i was the one and had already told his mom - i met them both shortly after. the one before didn't have a good relationship with his parents until after we were together for a while and they were out of state. the two before i was introduced to by their mothers.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010