How the heck do I get rid of the "BELLY APRON" without surgery?

I had a c-section 8 weeks ago..And my belly has gone down alot, but I'm stuck with this "belly apron". It looks gross to me. Someone please give me hope and tell me there's a way to get rid of this without surgery! Thanks!!!

LilMissBossy

Asked by LilMissBossy at 2:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Once you are fully healed, you can try using Callanetics, which work your core, and pull you in from the inside. Remember, though, that it can take a few months for your skin to recover from pregnancy, depending on how much it was stretched. Most stomach exercises won't touch the lower abdomen, including sit ups. Callanetics are very different, because the work the core muscles instead of the outer muscles, and the result is everything being pulled inward, tightening and toning you. They were introduced to me by a doctor after I'd injured my back and couldn't do a regular work out. The best part is, they are non-impact, so you won't injure yourself!

www.callanetics.com/

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• The above is fine if it's fat. But if your apron is just skin (which it still may be even after the fat is gone), then nothing will help but time, and even that doesn't fix 100%.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 3:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I'm not too sure if it's fat or extra skin..it kinda hangs a lil. It looks like my tummy is smiling :(
    LilMissBossy

Answer by LilMissBossy at 3:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• it is most likely skin. My friend had it really bad but it has been a year and it has gotten better. Her skin tighten up more. She does a lot of pilates and yoga and sit ups. She does more than me and my daughter is about to turn a year old. I just say give it time you will be surprise how your body can recop afterwards.

Also she had a c-section. She had too. But I think if you give it more time. and she using a product to help tighten her skin at www.octoberorganics.com.
    OctoberOrganics

Answer by OctoberOrganics at 1:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008