toy bar on car seat?

Ok, so I have a Combi Connection the only seat I know of that requires that the carrying handle in an upright position when you are actually traveling in the car. My sister gave me one of those toy bar thingys that you can put across the handle of the seat. Now I know that these are normally very unsafe but since my handle must normally be in an upright position is it ok for me to use?

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd hesitate simply because it could come loose and hit baby if you had a crash or near collision. I only used my toy bar if we were shopping and going to have her carrier on a shopping cart.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i personally wouldnt..not because its unsafe..but because it can cause vision problems in infants..because its like right in their face at all times it can cause an infant to be near sighted, and need glasses in a couple years..once in a while if the baby is awake and playing then yes..but at all times no..i wouldnt recommend it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i bought my toy bar at the great wal-mart and it is soft and plays music that my little one seems to laugh at and enjoy. mine is always on her seat, usually when she is sleeping its up but even in the car i have it dwn whens awake or sometimes its down when she is sleeping. i have never herd of problems with using them so im not sure where people are coming from, but use you best judgment and if your comfortable with using it then do so but if not then dont. ask your doctor what he or she thinks about them then make up your decision.
    mamma_lyn

Answer by mamma_lyn at 11:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Is everyone aware of how dangerous it is to have the carrying handle for your baby's car seat up in the carry position while actually driving in your vehicle? My question pertains to a very unique seat and SHOULD NOT be used as the standered. If you do not understand the importance of the position of the handle please email me and I will explain it to you. It is very important for your baby's safety.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2008