If you were Iraqi, would you think Americans were the terrorists?

Considering that our invasion of Iraq had nothing whatsoever to do with 9-11 (it is openly acknowledged that Bin Laden was behind 9-11 and we invaded Iraq because they supposedly had nukes, not because of any correlation with 9-11), if you were an Iraqi and saw your streets raided by American tanks, what would you think? Can you put yourself in their position at all? Mind you, it was only after we invaded Iraq that Al Qeada and other extreme groups starting running amok. So imagine you're just a regular woman sitting at home with your kids and get the news that the Americans had raided your city and are locking down your city? Does that seem "Democratic?" What if the Iraqis had done that to us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Ding fries are done
    Anonymous

• Yes. I have often thought... What if someday a country hated our leader and our belief system and decided to start a war. Then they would bomb the hell out of DC, killing thousands of people. And spread across the land. How the hell would that be received?
    I do think the way we handled Iraq was terroism.
    Anonymous

• yes I would.
    Anonymous

• I would and I do. What I really liked was when Russia invaded Georgia and Bush said that it was "dramatic and brutal" and "unacceptable in the 21st century." Give me a break. What the hell did we just do to Iraq?!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Of course Iraqi citizens think Americans are terrorists. We invaded their country, killed hundreds of thousands of citizens (some terrorists, some innocent civilians). They've asked us to leave and we won't. Of course they think we're the terrorists.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 2:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Have you been over there? I doubt it, do some research before you start babbling nonesense.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Umm, depending on my ethnicity I might be thankful someone finally rid me of the brutal dictator that liked to torture and murder large numbers of his own people on whatever whim drove him to do so. Check out news stories on the mass graves found .I know the press doesn't like to put them out in places easy to find...but you can find them if you look. After that, why not look up how many UN resolutions were passed between the cease fire of the Gulf War and the invasion of this current war. See how many of them were ignored and what sort of impact any of them had (hint: none.) Then, after that, why not check out how much money the Iraqi government funneled to families of suicide bombers for Hamas - and why.

It really does pay to have a full scope of reality before you start making blanket statements.
    Anonymous

• sammiesmommy, rebut it then. make your case.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I certainly have a full scope of reality, but doubt very much that our sole purpose for invading Iraq had to do with freeing the Iraqi people from said brutal dictator. If that were the case, why aren't we invading Korea, why didn't we help quell the genocide in Darfur? Speaking of terrorists, there are terrorists running amok in any number of countries (including Pakistan, which we have strong ties to) and we have yet to "rescue them" in the same way we have "rescued" the Iraqi people. Any one of your explanations can be applied to countries all over the world, but those countries don't happen to have vast oil reserves or are conveniently located in the middle east. What about the fact that we once supported Saddam, regardless of his "brutal dictator" ways, knowing full well his hatred toward Kuwait. You should also think about "the full scope of reality" before making "blanket statments."
    Anonymous

• What we all need to consider is that the US has interests that have nothing to do with protecting our country from terrorism or "freeing" the people of other nations. If that were the case we would have invaded several countries by now.
    Anonymous