Would you go back to school or work?

I am about to start school, but now we really need money because of a situation. I am enrolled and ready to start in a couple weeks but feel guilty because we really need me to work right now!
What would you do?

nolaero

Asked by nolaero at 2:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in

• I think I would work if you need the money.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Can you do school part time?

If you can't afford school, go back to work.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I had this same issue and I found a job at school. A job only for current students that works around your school schedule.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• How much more money would you really make working right now? My DH is in college full time and it is hard right now, but if he were working we wouldn't really be making that much more right now after daycare, etc. This way even though it is a little less money right now, we know he is increasing his earning potential down the road.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Remember that in pursuing your schooling you are making it possible for you to get a better, higher paying job. If you work at the expense of your schooling you are only dragging out your lower paying time of ife. If you can do some of both, that would be ideal, if you can't, then school.
    laurelsmama

Answer by laurelsmama at 2:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I just know that if i go back to work i will never go back to school, AGAIN!!! My husband really wants me to go to school, but i know he is just saying that because he knows i really want to go back for our future and not be in this mess again. But school is going to take over 2 years to complete. So I thinking I'm going to feel guilty either way I go! I guess school will always be there, right?

simple frown

nolaero

Comment by nolaero (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• think a little ahead. find a part time job if you wait to go to school you might not go back then you'll see yourself in a financial rut more then you want
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Work. We need the money and I need the adult interaction and get out the house.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• possibly work and go to school..maybe cut back school hours. i had to quit to go back to work FT...I plan to go back but had to change my major. The program I am in was not easy with 3 LO schedule wise.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If you need money then I would go back to work. Try taking classes online or go part time until the money situation is fix.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 3:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

Next question in
Teach for America?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Question