I only crave Fruit and veggie's I don't like meat other then chicken is this normal? and ok for the baby?

apr_grt

Asked by apr_grt at 2:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it's okay, if your baby needed protien, your body would give you a craving for it. At least that's what I was always told
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I got the same way with my first son. I used to eat hamburgurs alot but when i was a few months along i couldn't even look at one and i would eat so much fruit. I don't think theres anything wrong without eating that meat just make sure you get enough protien and all that good stuff. : )
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Craving fruits and veggies is GREAT!! As far s not liking meat other than chicken...If you eat other foods that are high in protein and iron, you should be able to get away with not eating other meats. But beware: taste buds change all during pregnancy, and you may find later on that you are craving red meat, or other things.

Example: I hate tomatoes. I always have (I eat them in like, spaghetti sauce, or something like that, but thats it.) When I was pregnant, I had to have tomatoes if I ate a hamburger. Weird. But after I had her I went back to hating them!

Good Luck :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• You do need about 60 grams of protein while you are pregnant, it doesn't have to come from meat. Beans, dairy, eggs, peanut butter, nuts, grains, some fruits and veggies all contain protein. Google 'high protein foods' or similar search words to get all kinds of suggestions for how to get enough protein in your diet.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Not havign a craving for protien doesnt mean you dont need it. Try eating beans and nuts if you dont want meat
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• It's fine. Be thankful you have foods you can eat :)
    If you are worried about getting enough protein, you can try having some peanut butter with your next apple or pear. Heck, the last couple months of my pregnancy with my daughter (the rest of it I couldn't eat at all) about all I ate was broth, and apples with peanut butter!
    She was perfectly healthy, btw :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• trust me, completely okay. just keep taking your prenatal vitamins and you will be fine.....One of my preganancies was like that and i gave birth to a healthy 9 pound baby boy, so dont worry
    epy108

Answer by epy108 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My mom said she only ate fruit while pregnant with me. Everything else (and I mean everything) made her want to vomit.

You'd think I'd come out all vegan and healthy, but I'm overweight and a meat-lover. LOL!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• jin the club lol .. i actually make myself eat some meaet just to balance it out but in the end all i want is fruit and veggies lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2008