What to make a kind of picky 2 1/2 year old for lunch?

Sick of feeding him the same thing, but he is kind of picky with what he will eat. He only wants things like pizza, hot dogs, noodles, french fries, chicken nuggets.. & He will eat the occasional chicken salad sandwhich. I make other things but he refuses to eat it. He will also eat fruits and some veggies. Anyone know of some good toddler foods? He prefers to eat finger foods appearantly, lol.. Hellllllllllllp?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• quesadillas, peanut butter & jelly, honey, or banana, chicken nuggets, veggies and ranch
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• he seems to me that he eats just fine. At least he eats fruits and veggies. Try some sort of sandwhichs like PPJ. meats....cheeses...
    good luck
    Kristin0312

Answer by Kristin0312 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I am not sure but I have heard that a child needs to see a new food 10-20 times before trying it. Maybe try to expose him to new foods as often as possible. If your really concerned ask your child's doctor.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• you are not a short order cook. my daughter is picky too and she was born 2 months early so at first i was a short order cook but i got fed up and finally listened to the saying they will eat if they are hungry. Now i make sure one meal out of the day is something she will eat and the rest is whatever i feel like making her or whatever i decdide is for dinner. if she doesn't like it she doesn't eat. she is slowing getting better about eating what i give her.
    Mom2Mikayla07

Answer by Mom2Mikayla07 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Grilled cheese on whole wheat bread. Ketchup to dip it in. Try banana bread and cheese too. It's naturally sweet but tasty too!
    Peeled, cubed and baked sweet potatoes with a bit of brown sugar and butter on top, baked for 30-40 min at 350 degrees are a super yummy lunch too!
    mamahertz

Answer by mamahertz at 4:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son loves meatballs. My babysitter gave me a recipe once for turkey meatballs. I haven't tried it but she said it was pretty good. Also try giving him raw veggies like carrots or celery with yogurt to dip them in.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010