people have diff opinions ..

how or wats the right way 2 put ur wedding ring?

Some girls tell me is suppost 2b the wedding band 1st then the engagement lol BUT Y!

Leilene07

Asked by Leilene07 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Actually, you put on the engagement ring then the band. You got and wore the engagement ring first. You don't take it off. Then you get the wedding band next. You don't take that off. It goes right in front of the the other.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Bcuz I've seen weddings and some girls aren't wearing their engagement rings.they switch it 2 their other finger lol weird
    Leilene07

Comment by Leilene07 (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think the engagement ring goes first and then the wedding band. I wouldn't know my engagement ring its a drawing on a letter my husband sent me when he was in boot camp.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have always heard to wear the wedding band closest to your heart.

I've never seen anyone wearing their engagement ring on the left during their wedding, but I've only been to a few.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I wore my engagement ring on my right hand during the wedding cause I wear my wedding band first then my engagement ring for the same reason the PP said, supposedly you wear your wedding band first cause it is closest to your heart. I don' t know and think you can wear it however you want but that is just always how I have worn it. I think to each their own.
    Expecting1st

Answer by Expecting1st at 3:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Where we got the rings, she put them together with the wedding band on my finger first, engagement second. I have 3 diamonds on the engagement and small flat diamonds on the wedding band. Mine would look dumb if I put the engagement ring on first.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You wear the wedding band on the ring finger because there is a vein that wraps around the finger like a ring and the vein is connected directly to your heart. Anywhere you wear it on that finger it will be close to your heart. I think it depends on the individual and what is most comfortable to you. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i was told that the engagement ring is first, and then the wedding ring placed after it.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 3:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yeah the engagement ring first then the wedding band
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We were always told wedding band first then engagement ring so that the wedding band will be closest to your heart and your engagement ring "protects" the ring that is most important.

colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010