anyone else's toddler do this?

i gave her some milk in a cup, a reg cup, not a sippy, and her tounge automatically goes inside the glass? anyone else have this trouble? how did you get your little one to keep his/her tounge in their mouth?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 3:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son does that too. He's 23 months old. I think that toddlers just like to use all thier senses, so they are exploring....What would it feel like if I drink like this....Walk like that.... ect. I think that it's harmless and that they will soon learn that it slows down the drinking process.
    mamahertz

Answer by mamahertz at 4:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Just practice. It's a lot easier practicing with water - no mess.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Mine does it all the time. I think they are just learning that they can drink with their tongue. Just keep taking the glass away each time she does it and tell her she can keep it if she drinks like a big girl.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My two year old does it all the time. He's slowly learning that his tongue gets in the way of drinking whats in the cup.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• lol my son used to do it all the time since they are used to putting their tongue underneath the bottle they automatically stick their tongue out when they are going to drink somethign but dont worry thats only in the beggining they grow out of it and once she learns to drink from a reagular cup she wont stick her tongue out anymroe just wait it out a little bit i doesnt take that logn before they get the hang of it
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son does this with bottled water. He used to do it with a regular cup, but after a few times me saying "No" he got the hint.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010