Does your baby 'dance'? How can I encourage this?

My DS is 6.5mos. and he love music. Any and all music. Does anyone have suggestions of types of (non annoying music) I could buy for him? And/or educational music?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just think you should let him listen to whatever you listen too. I was going to say they have a CD with a mix of kids songs but you said nothing annoying and those get annoying very fast.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We have the CD - Wee sing for Baby.
    I also have Laurie Berkner, and a 3 CD set of Toddler Songs.

My babies also loved my music too -so sometimes it's fun to break out the Ipod and have him listen to some oldies. LOL
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 3:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We just play everything for him. Classical music, especially Mozart, is supposed to stimulate brain development. Luckily we like Mozart. I avoid kiddy music (Kids Bop and that kind of crap) like the plague, and having been raised on good music even my kids don't like it. We do have a lot of standard kids songs but done by really good musicians, like the Dave Grisman and Jerry Garcia album Not For Kids Only.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Disney theme songs are good. my 5 month old loves anything with a bass and mean a good bass she loves a good bass song while she sits on the speaker.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 3:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I LOVED Laurie Berkner when my kids were small. Also Free To Be You and Me is great. We have an old Sesame Street tape that all 3 of my kids loved (me too!).
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son loves They Might be Giants Here comes Science, 1, 2, 3's and A B C's
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I just play my daughter my music. She now loves lady gaga songs lol.
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010