Still nothing...

I have posted about this before, I'm sorry to have to put another question, I'm embarassed this happened to me though.

My bf, ex now, assaulted me Thursday...that night they put a warrant out for his arrest. I keep checking my local site to see if he's been picked up yet and still nothing. He doesn't work and lives with his parents, so the chances of someone not being home is slim. He sleeps kinda late, so if they went in the morning, he would definitely be there. He knows where I live and I have a young child so I'm constantly looking over my shoulder and worried if he finds out about the warrant before they arrest him, he'll come after me. I know he was trying to hurt me seriously when he had his hands around my throat and wouldnt let go. I have bruises on my legs from him slamming the door on me, but never had bruising on my neck so it's a misdemeanor charge. Im just scared and want to know why they havent yet??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Contact your local battered women's shelter. Now.
    laurelsmama

Answer by laurelsmama at 3:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Maybe you need to call the police department and let them know of your concerns for your safety and tip them off on what you say would be a good time to 'pick him up' and his where abouts. Just keep up with them and dont let it go. Very sorry youre going through this and I hope everything turns out alright. GL to you.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• He may be hiding, but they just don't go door to door looking for him when it comes to this. I would call in the police station and tell them he's hiding out there and he has a warrant and they may go pick him up. Do you have a friend or family member you can stay with for a while?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Maybe you should call up there and ask them if the warrant has been served. Do you have somewhere you can stay in the meantime? have you filed for a temporary restraining order? Im sorry you are going thru this! Let us know what you find out. (((hugs)))
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I dont really have anyone to stay with...he doesn't know they're looking for him or he has a warrant because he thinks i wasnt calling. it happened at 4am and i didnt report it til that night b/c i was scared to, but my friends made me. the magistrate put out a warrant that night. the warrant shows up in the search online, but his arrest info doesnt, so that the only way to know if they picked him up or not yet is what i was told when i called to tell them my concerns. im afraid to give them too many tips i dont want them to think im stalkign him..he lives on the way to my friends house, and without turning into his neighborhood you can see if his car is there just from driving by on the way to her house. they told me to call if i see him and tell them where he is...but it would look bad if i call and say i know hes at home. my friend is keeping her eye out and said she would call though, but he hasnt been home.
    Ness87

Answer by Ness87 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• He is probably hiding out. They tend to take this stuff seriously so hopefully they are looking for him as hard they can. :( Contact a battered womens shelter (WINGS is one organization I remember learning about in middle school) and see if there is anything they can do to help?

Good luck! :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Why would he hide if he doesn't even know they're looking for him or that there's a warrant out for him? Last time we spoke I told him I wouldn't tell....but then my friends found out and made me (I was scared to). I'm never going back to him, so please no one bash me for this...it's hard enough to deal with as it is.
    Ness87

Answer by Ness87 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• This may be thier website?

http://www.endingviolence.org/node/416
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• They wont think your stalking him, they think your concern for you safety. If you want you can PM me all the info and I'll all to see if he's been picked up if your not willing too. Just express your concerns that your sacred he'll come back after you for calling the police. If you have no where to go, I would suggest a women s shelter and you need to get a restraining order.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• He may be hiding becase he may know you COULD call and report him.... he must have enough brains to know you won't take the abuse forever. :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2010