Do you take your baby outside? What do you do?

My DS loves outside but I am not sure what to do outside with a 6mo old. I am open for suggestions that are free, cheap , cost lots and/or take lots of time.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies love just going for a walk. They are big 'people, thing, whatever watchers.' LOL

I also used to lay out a blanket and let them just sit or lay there looking up at the sky.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 3:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• at that age, i took my son for walks, and we would go down to the park and i would lay out a blanket and we would just lay out there and play and i would feed him his bottle..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My babies all love going for walks. Some liked the stroller, a couple preferred to be in a carrier. My babies all just like sitting on a blanket watching the grass grow and the clouds float by. I will bring them outside with me while I am working in the yard or the garden and they are just happy to sit there and watch. Bring him to the park and let him watch the kids at the playground. Babies love to watch kids running around and acting the ways they do.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My babies both loved just being outside. My 6yo and I used to go to the park and sit on a sheet and she used to just lay there watching everything around her. My 6 month old does the same but she also likes to sleep on a walk with her stroller. It's much easier for her to go to sleep when we're outside!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 3:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• DD LOVES being outside. Always has. We'd go for walks, or sometimes just pace in the yard to get her to settle down. Now that she's older she's allowed to play in the yard, etc. (supervised of course). Go to the park, lay out a blanket and read a book or just hang out. While it's warm out you could also get one of those little kiddy pools.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i used to take my dd out side all the time i would take her for walks ,take her to the park and put her in the baby swings ,take her to friends houses ,go walk around the mall ,
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Well, I chase my 10 month old and 2 yr old out of the neighbors dog's pool.....which is exactly the same as their pool LOL It just has more water. And they play in it with the dog, so I guess that is the fascination. I empty ours every couple days because it gets gross too. But at 6 months we just sat outside with toys on a blanket and played.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Do any of the moms here put sunscreen on there children (6mo old) and what type?
    lmt_mom2010

Comment by lmt_mom2010 (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I just take him out when it is not midday, and keep him in the shade or a sunhat. He puts himself in his mouth too much for sunscreen.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I threw a quilt down, plopped him ontop of it and we just chilled there. Sometimes I'd bring toys out for him to play with and other times we'd just sit there and watch the world go by.

Remember a bucket hat and suncreen for the little one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010