Buying on Ebay

Have you ever bought something on ebay, and then when you received it, it was not what you bought? How did you handle it? Did you ever end up getting the real product you were buying?

fallnangel93

Asked by fallnangel93 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• If they don't contact you after a week, contact ebay and let them know the situation.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, I bought a necklace and it said brand new but when I received it, it was damaged and knotted up. I contacted the seller and sent in back and just got a refund. When buying from e-bay you need to read every little detail and I tend to avoid sells that say no returns or AS IS. If it wasnt what you wanted contact the seller and express your concerns.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yeah, I contacted them, and am just waiting for a response back. I read the description, and it was for baby boy clothes, but when I got it, they are clearly toddler girl clothes! lol. I am sure it was just a mistake on her part, but I just want to make sure I get what I paid for since the girl clothes won't fit any of my kids, and I am expecting a boy!
    fallnangel93

Comment by fallnangel93 (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, I contacted the seller because I only received one item I purchased rather than both (two different sales but same seller). He said it wasn't his problem. I contacted Ebay and nothing was ever done. :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I steer clear of Ebay to many phonies on there :(
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Most purchases on ebay are protected by ebay buyer protection. You always try to contact the seller directly and if you don't get a resolution, there is a way to report a problem directly to ebay. Also when purchasing on ebay, look at the seller's feedback you should be able to tell who has been consitantly reliable and therefore safe to purchase from. I but from ebay all the time. Just make sure you read everything and know what you're buying. And most sellers will want to work with you to resolve the problem to avoid negatiove feedback because it will hurt any future sales they wil do if you leave them negative feedback. Good luck, hopefuly the seller works with you to get it resolved.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You can contact Ebay and Paypal (if that's what you paid with) and dispute it.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I usually buy brand new stuff on ebay... Cricut Cartridges in the stores run about $60-$80...On Ebay I can get a $50 cartridge for $25 or less! Last week I went on a binge (lol) and bought 4 cartridges for under $90... If I would have bought them in store they would have cost me over $150

I think its very important to research into the buyer.. Look at their ratings & read into their comments.. If they dont have atleaste above a 90% I wouldnt even think about buying from them.. In fact most I buy from have a 98-99% positive feed back!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• A few years ago I bought a full sized quilt. I was sent a twin sized quilt instead. I contacted the seller & they refunded my money & I returned the product to them. I was quickly refunded, but I don't know why they just didn't send me the full sized quilt once they received the twin sized on back. They were still posting the full sized quilts on ebay. I ended up ordering the same quilt from another seller. This past spring I ordered some exercise dvds from 2 different sellers. When I hadn't received either set, I contacted the sellers. One seller offered me a refund which I received. He was dealing with a family emergency & couldn't get the product to me. The other seller, however, didn't respond to multiple emails so I had to contact ebay. I had to open a case. I was issued a refund by ebay. The seller went from a 100% feedback rating to one below 70% within a few days because other buyers experienced the same problem as me.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010