How involed is SO in parenting?

Does your SO help with the child(ren)? If so how?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Very. He is the parent at home with them while I work from the office 2 days a week, and when we are both home it is 50/50. He spends time with them doing fun things as well as enforcing the rules and taking care of their physical needs.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes. He bathes them, fixes them something to eat, plays with them, takes them swimming, changes diapers, etc. Basically everything I do with the exception of washing clothes, and he would do that too if I asked.

Answer by missanc at 3:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yeah he helps alot he puts them to bed changes the baby takes them places buys them stuff .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes. He does they are his children too.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Of course. We take turns most days with baths, diaper changes, getting ready for bed, etc. Everything I do, he does too. For the most part anyway lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• He is very involved and I really appreciate it when he steps in and tells her that she needs to listen to Mommy. BTW mine is 2 and is very bright and does a lot of defying. He does meals, baths, bedtime, and plays with her. The only thing I want him more involved in is helping to teach her things (letters, numbers, shapes, etc.)
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• absolutely! He helped me make these babies and he absolutely helps me take care of them. I do come from a very old fashioned family were the woman did everything including taking care of the kids and the man just worked came home, ate, watched tv, had sex with the wife and went to sleep. I never wanted that for myself! Anyways, we're on our 5th baby but yes, he helps alot weather is changing a diaper so I could feed the baby or making a bottle, or bathing, or playing with the baby, or now older children, he helps get my daughters and son ready when were going somewhere, helps make there food, snacks, helps teach them things for school, takes them on a walk or plays outside with them, He's very hands on. As well as I am. My family loves him and loves the idea that the "man" can do these things too! Although its vrey different to them they're happy that I didn't settle for what they did!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes!!! I could not parent effectively without him! He came home from work early today and he and our son have been wrestling in the floor, coloring, and playing together since. He gets up through the night with him, makes his plate and something to drink, helps give him a bath, shops for clothes for him, and countless other things.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yep. he does everything I do. I do a little more childcare, but that's only because I am a SAHM and he works. When he's home its 50/50 though.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• When the kids were first born he barely even lifted a finger. He'd take them and cuddle them when they were newborns, but that was about it. Then after a bit of harping he got his act together and he has helped out a lot more since then. Now that we have two kids he helps with whatever I ask him to do. He isn't great about initiating his role, but I'm okay with that as long as he does help out. Now he'll get bottles/sippy cups, he'll change diapers, put the kids to bed, feed the oldest, etc. The only thing that he doesn't do is pick out their clothes, get them ready when we have to go (Unless I give him specific instructions, but I'd rather just do it), and give them a bath. He has given our son a bath once in the almost two years he's been born. But I'm still "training" him. ;)

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010