Politics: If 9/11 had not have happened, would the public be so outraged by whether Obama is or isn't Muslim?

eh???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Probably not. They'd probably be flipping out about his father being Kenyan instead. But it's apparently "okay" to hate Muslims in this country now, so that's the PC version of racism being tossed around.
    Anonymous

• yep, i believe they would.
    Anonymous

• No, but he still shouldn't be president, not just of his color or race, he won't do us any good at all, we will sit over here and let everyone come and kill us.
    Anonymous

• who cares that obama is muslim, black or anything else he seems like a great man and will prob be an even better leader... i wouldnt have voted for clinton if she was still around, i dont like her view i prefer obama over anyone that has ran for president this time!!! i am a complete obama supporter!!
    Anonymous

• FYI: muslim is not a race.
    Anonymous

• I don't think they would be. Muslims lived quietly before that, as in no one really worried about them. At least from what I saw and heard. It was only after 9/11 that all of a sudden people feared every Muslim was a terrorist. Still there are people that believe that. So yes I think if 9/11 hadn't have happened his being a possible Muslim would not be as big of a deal. Of course you'd still have people that believe only a Christian can run the country. But he is Christian anyways so really that shouldn't matter. Of course you'd still have the ignorance of people not wanting to vote for a Black man.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe he is muslim but I don't believe he has the country's best at heart.....imo, his goals are different than they should be, I don't thik he is thinking long term but short term. McCain is long term AND wants smaller government. That fits me.
    Anonymous

• No, the only reason Obama's ties to the Muslims bother me is because they attacked us and we're still at war with them. The fact that the terrorist's had lived in our country for years pretending to be one of us and then successfully attacked us from the inside makes me really weary of anyone who isn't actually one of us! The fact that Obama's whole career has had close ties with terrorists, the fact that he spent 20 years in an anti-American church, and the fact that he keeps lying about it only makes me think he's a sleepy terrorist getting ready to take over the country and distroy it from the inside out. Why do you really figure it is that he is so against the 2nd Amendment?
    Anonymous

• No, the only reason Obama's ties to the Muslims bother me is because they attacked us

and it doesn't bother you that TM was a christian who attacked us as well, when he bomed the Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City?
    Anonymous

• LMAO@ all the anonymous answers in here. I think if Clinton and McCain hadn't of started on the Muslim kick they'd of found something else to use as a scare tactic to draw people away from the truth. Regardless of whether its scare tactics aimed at Obama or McCain it's petty bs that has no place in politics. I need to know facts and someones supposed religious preference has nothing to do with how I'd vote so leave the bs at the door and tell me the facts on what you the candidate stands for.

JaidedEchani

Answer by JaidedEchani at 3:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2008