Is it true that you have to buy knee high boots one size bigger than what you wear?

I have heard in order for knee high boots to fit properly and to zip/button up, you must buy them a size too big. I wear a half size *8 1/2) so I guess I would have to buy a size 10? :(

I have a pair that are a size 9, is there a way to stretch the mid calf part to make them zip up? The other parts above and below the mid calf both fit.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 3:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Frye boots are known to have a wider shaft circumference (that's what she said) give those a try.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I guess maybe it depends how your calves are shaped. I've always worn the same size in knee highs as regular shoes. Try on both a 9 and a 10 next time and see which fits better.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It depends on the brand. Some are made for people with skinny calves and some are made for people with bigger calves...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i have a couple pairs and one is a size bigger the rest are my normal size and they fit fine ..
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Not for me.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Try taking them to a shoe repair shop, and find out if they can stretch them for you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have never had to buy a bigger size and i have lots of boots. I think some peoples legs don't fit in them so they buy a bigger boot but it's not the nature of the boot, it's the nature of thier leg, KWIM?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have wide calf so It's very hard finding boots that fit so I usually go up on size. I'm a 8 so I wear a 10 but you can found wide calf boots at DSW or payless.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There is no way I could buy a size bigger. I have tiny ankles and calves and even my size (8) I cannot find a pair of boots that fits and doesn't look huge on me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I guess it depends on how your calves are shaped.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:01 AM on Aug. 17, 2010