Next Question

I was listening to the radio and there was people that was mad. They was mad that the president was going to build that building at 911. So my question is do u agree,disagree,or it really don't matter to u. Its something to do with the Muslim or Islam if they are the same then sorry.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 3:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• We were formed as a pluralistic society and this means we welcome all religions. Islam did not attack the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, sick and twisted men did, who not only hijacked four airplanes but also hijacked a religion. Let us not stereotype the over one billion Muslims around the world because of the evil acts of a few. A decision like this one, to support or not support the construction of this center, defines who we are as a nation. It's at the essence of our values, our freedom of expression, freedom of religion and religious tolerance.There are moments that define our nation. There are moments that test the strength of our character. There are moments that test the essence of our freedoms. Let this be that moment and let us pass this test with grace and dignity.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• the president is not building it. lol he feels as i do i support it ..I do not see that harm in it . I lost my uncle & best friend in that attack we need to stop laying blame and do what we need to do to try and heal from that awful day in our history.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• AGAIN the aren't building it at 911, its blocks away from it. I have nothing against rebuilding it. It was there before. I aid it many times, it's not like all Muslims are terrorist. I really do believe it's the American thing to do. Why should we punish all Muslims just because of what a couple of psychos did?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The people on your radio are idiots. The president isn't doing anything.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• A) they are rebuilding something that was there BEFORE 9/11.

B) they have the same rights to religious freedom as you, or I. This is no different than building another church.

C) please, I beg of you, find a reputable source for your news.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• as far as i know
    president obama is not moonlighting as a carpenter, building contractor or city planner
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Let's see where to start.
    1)The President is not building it. The government is not involved in the building of this Community Center in any way shape or form. The President just came out and said that he supports it's being built, and this is American, Religious freedom/tolerance..etc.
    2) The Community Center is not being built at Ground Zero. It's 2 blocks away.;
    3) This Community Center is a rebuild and an upgrade. There was a mosque in that area before. This building is just replacing/upgrading that one.
    4) It is not just a Mosque. It is a Community Center that includes a: Performing Arts Center, Public usage rooms, etc.. AND a Mosque. It is not simply just a Mosque. It is a Community Center, anyone can use it and is welcome to do so.

I'm really not getting why some people (not you OP) are raising a ruckus and overblowing this, and giving out so much misinformation about it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I look at it as people being close minded. They automatically assume all Muslims are evil because a few were. :( I think it should be rebuilt as a previous answer posted, it was there before... it should be rebuilt. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The uproar is being flamed in the news for political purposes. People are so misinformed about this subject. Misinformation is being spread for political gain. If there wasn't an election in November I don't think such a big deal would be made.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I really don't understand why people are so upset about it. It's almost like they are blaming all Muslims for what happen. I think it's going to cause major problems but it shouldn't.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010