What do you think of Sarah Palin's income report?

Recently, I heard about her income information and I was just wondering what everyone's take was. Is she all the average after all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• over 1 million in assests...I dont have that!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• She's not average at all, what other person would give them self a salary cut upon taking office?

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• She's not even remotely average. Calling herself "middle class" was so dishonest during the debates.
    Anonymous

Maybe that's why the mccain campaign made sure the report was postponed until after the debate so that she can lie about being "middle class" and not be call on it.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 3:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• What are Obama's assets and are they average? What about Biden? We already know about McCain SO?.....OBAMA MUST HAS TO BE PUT ON THE SAME LIST AS SARAH PALIN AS HIS HOUSE ALONE IS WORTH OVER $1 MILLION, HARDLY AVERAGE RIGHT?....GET A CLUE AND GROW UP.....MOST OF THE POLITICIANS DEMOCRAT AND REPUBLICAN ARE NOT AVERAGE!
    Anonymous

• You Said : "What are Obama's assets and are they average? What about Biden? We already know about McCain SO?.....OBAMA MUST HAS TO BE PUT ON THE SAME LIST AS SARAH PALIN AS HIS HOUSE ALONE IS WORTH OVER $1 MILLION, HARDLY AVERAGE RIGHT?....GET A CLUE AND GROW UP.....MOST OF THE POLITICIANS DEMOCRAT AND REPUBLICAN ARE NOT AVERAGE! "

True, most politians income is not average...and most of them accept that fact and don't attempt to pass themselves off as middle-class citizens either!!

An attempt at deception is the real issue here, not the actual dollar amount of her salary.
    mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 3:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• True, most politians income is not average...and most of them accept that fact and don't attempt to pass themselves off as middle-class citizens either!!

exactly. the problem is when they call themselves middle class and have millions in assets.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 3:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Since when was a million the same as millions? My husband and I bought a piece of property for 7000 bucks and built our house our selves with the help of 1 family member and 2 friends. We now pay taxes on a 145,000 home that we actually paid about 11,000 on. I guess that makes me rich?
    Anonymous

• If you have more than a million in assets you are not middle class
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 4:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Obama considers $250k as middle class. Palin and her husband brought in $170k. She may have assessts, but so do many of the others in the same middle class category. She does not make the money people think she does. She did not lie. At least she doesn't have a questionable benefactor helping her to buy a house that she couldn't afford. She and her husband built their own home. Her husband has two businesses, she pushed for a salary cut on her income as mayor and as governor. Why begrudge somebody who has made their way through the American dream? As many times as I have heard that she lies, I can stack up a list on the otherside as well. It is always tit for tat!
    Anonymous