Would you marry someone who you loved and treated you and your kids well, knowing they have really bad credit?

djkita

Asked by djkita at 3:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Umm...yes.

I am not marrying for credit. I am marrying for love and family. So long as I am not scared that this man would drive our family into a hole, there would be no problems. If this is a possibility, then a very long talk about financial responsibility would ensue prior to the actual marriage.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I think that i would, but ask him about it and see if he would let you help him maybe get it better? If that's possible... but if he loves you and your kids... try!
    Anonymous

• finances have nothing to do with love!!!! I would marry my soul mate a million times bum or not!!!!!!!!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i did. well i didn't have kids yet, but my hubby had and still has terrible credit
    Anonymous

• Excellent question.

I'd love to be treated well but also would love to know he could buy us a home and provide for us. Credit is important nowadays.

Maybe I'd just live with him and keep my own credit! No reason to screw my credit up by combining it with his!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I married my husband because we love each other. Finances didn't figure into it.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• yes well my husband did my credit sucks and he new it but we are working thro it together!
    Britt12-06

Answer by Britt12-06 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• That depends. Is he fiscally irresponsible? Would he put himself and his spending habits before you and your children? It would depend on whether or not he would be willing to work on fixing his credit with you.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 3:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• yes, you can repair bad credit and it's harder to find a good man then it is to repair his credit
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i did! lol my husbands credit is beyond horrible!!! were working together (meaning im working lol) and bringing his credit up. we love eachother and thats all that matters. i sacrificed buying a house to be with him. we rent right now, but i can stay at home and take care of everything else and work on bbuilding his credit. i think when you love eachother, and truly love eachother, youll sacrifice what you have to to be together
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008