What toys/objects keep your toddler entertained in the bath tub?

I need to find some new things to keep my 14 month old occupied in the tub. He tries to stand up when he gets bored (which makes for a quick end to the bath because of safety issues). He also tries to drink bathwater from anything that holds water (cups, squirters).

barefootbooks

Asked by barefootbooks at 3:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bought my girls the foam letters from Wal-Mart and they love them! lol, they stick to the walls. They were quirting the duckies which I saw were holding mold so we trashed those. And they drink the water too :( so anything that holds water went out the window. Some McDonalds toys are good for bath time.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son has 3 plastic cups he plays with. He makes me pretend drinks and serves me. With all my kids, they never went for fancy bath toys. They all liked simple watering cans, cups, plastic dolls.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my 15 month old has all kinds of bath toys, bath crayons, and he also loves to just play with cups and soap bottles and toothbrushes.

but he also likes to stand up in the tub, and i dont not let him. he knows how to stand now.. he has never fallen once from standing in the tub and even if he did, im right there.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my daughter loves anything that floats. She loves water bottles cause she likes to poor the water out. and she has this set of cups that have wholes in the bottom like sprouts. she loves those. i also have rubber duckies, frogs and all kinds of fish.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• sand buckets and little pans form the kitchen keep my 3 yr old and 2 yr old happy. we dont do bathes here because neither one likes to sit. so we do showers they play about 5 mins and then we do a carwash fast wash and its time to get out
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 3:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Honestly, I have tried rubber duckies and squirt toys, but my son doesn't pay much attention to thsoe. He'd rather play with the shampoo rinse cup. He likes to fill it up and pour it on himself. He also really likes soap suds.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son is horrible about standing up as soon as I put him in there and he is always slipping and I was scared he was going to fall one day, he always takes his bath after dinner, so my mom suggesting giving him a popsicle for dessert, in the tub. It works wonders, he sits super still eating his pop while I bath him and there are all sorts of popsicles out there that arnt terribly bad for them. You can even freeze yogurt into popsicles. I give him the popsicles made with real fruit, so he gets some fruit and a bath without cracking his head open, its win win for us lol. Plus it eliminates him getting sticky from eating a popsicles outside of the bath (which is super messy lol) So this works for us
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my son loves the foam letter they stick in the wall when they are wet. he likes to take in little cars their like plastic cars their for baths. adn they dotn hold any water. ducks worked for a little while but not for long. i also got himthe water paint and that worked wonders until he tried eating it so no it wasnt a good idea i tried bubbles and as well he would try to eat them. so for now im sticking with the foam letter and the little cars
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010