Do you ever feel like you spend so much time defending your candidate that you stop listening to what the other half is saying?

Each candidate has their own good points...neither of them are "PERFECT"! No one person in the government has control over everything...so why is it that we have become harsh critics of each other, this is going way beyond presidential politics.
We will all have our opportunity to vote in November and then we can choose who we feel is the best fit, until then...take a minute to listen..not everyone who has an opinion is ignorant!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree 100%!! It seems that the canditates are more tolerant of each other than we are of them! There is so much mudslinging going on on CM..... more, it seems, than in DC, and it makes me sick!! I am a McCain supporter, but by all means, not an extremist. I don't hate Obama, but every time I see a post regarding him, I roll my eyes and think, "Here we go again!" I know it goes both ways. Actually, I normally don't even waste time on any of the political posts. I hate the drama they bring.
    Anonymous

• A person should vote on how their candidate feels about what issues are important to them. I know what my candidate stands for and I am very familiar with the other candidate's view. And, trust me, both candidates are not similar for most issues. Either one has a lot of work to do because of the economic mess this country is in.
    Kim370

Answer by Kim370 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• NOTHING in the world is going to prevent me from voting for the person I want President...so YES I do scroll through a lot of the remarks on here because there is a lot of immaturity in the way people speak on here and I really don't think it looks good for your candidate when you come across like this!
    Anonymous

• I totally agree! None of us are going to have an identical opinion, no matter who we vote for. I would love for someone to post something on debating the two healthcare plans, or the two economic views, or the lobbyist views. Then we could have an actual discussion and be more informed - BOTH sides!
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 3:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Damn right I will defend him!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Holy Shit!! you jus asked a milion dollar question! now i wonder how many people will defend that POV? great question!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• No... I listen to it all but I still have my opinion...
    dianedenise

Answer by dianedenise at 6:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008