Concerned...

I really don't want to start a firefight here and I'm not intending to insult anyone... but does anyone else find it concerning how completely ignorant some women are about the way their bodies work?

Just as a general example... I know you've all seen those Maury shows where the girl brings in ten different guys because she doesn't know who the "baby-daddy" is. I suspect that in most of these cases, the girls are just completely clueless about their menstrual cycle and the mechanics of it all and honestly haven't a clue that you can only get pregnant at certain times during a month so they bring in every single guy they slept with before they got pregnant. It always makes me sad that these girls were never taught these things.

arouthier

Asked by arouthier at 3:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Health

• yep... and the shocking number of women who solicit medical advice from strangers on the internet
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• YES! in fact, that's what prompted this question in the first place...
    arouthier

Comment by arouthier (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• LOL, I always thought they were bringing in every guy they had sex with the week they probably got pregnant. Now I'm much less impressed that they managed to have sex with that many guys.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I completely agree! It is aggravating to see all these "Am I Pregnant?" questions here on Cafemom as well.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sad and disturbing all at once. I find it somewhat concerning that people THIS clueless and ignorant are reproducing.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Its concerning, but not surprising sadly.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It always amazess me that they go on NATIONAL TV, and let the nation see how dumb they really are. No offense to anyone, that's how I feel. Use some kind of BC if you have that much sex with every Tom, Dick and Harry so often, and then you wouldn't be pregnant and wouldn't be on the SHOW in the first place.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I agree with myangel003
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think it's funny (well maybe not that funny) but after you've tested the 8th man.. are they really that upset that they haven't found their baby's daddy? I think I'd stop being shocked after the 2nd one.. But that's just me
    a_stewart08

Answer by a_stewart08 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It amazes me that girls do not know that stuff, especially with so much of it being taught in schools now.

I am a Homeschool Mom but when the time comes my Daughter will learn all about her cycle and how it affects fertility and etc.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010