Do you watch Teen Mom? How does this chick do it?

I watched the last episode of teen mom (I don't keep up with it) and the one girl Amber was talking about how her boyfriend was unemployed, and so she was working part time, then they went on a trip to FL. How on earth does one who does not even have a HS diploma or GED support a family of 3 entirely on her own (which I've heard her state in past episodes I've seen) working just part time and affording vacations? This does not seem like teen mom reality to me...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• Her house is a government assisted house and so was her schooling that she was trying to do and he had a full time 40 hr week job at the very begging he just lost it in this last season...
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• They get paid to do the show, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I am pretty sure she is on government assistance, I think ive heard her mention it before on the show.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I can't answer your question because I don't know... but I DO know that I've seen a couple episodes of that show and I feel so bad for Catelynn (the one who gave her daughter up for adoption). Her parents are terrible.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 3:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yep, living off the government...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• She gets paid to be on the show. All reality TV stars are paid.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I do agree that maybe they are getting some type of money from the show, she may also receive PA but I am not sure. I seen the episode and they were discussing about food/gas for the trip. They stayed with an Uncle of hers and her dad came along I am sure he probably helped, who knows but good for them, they got away. I wish I could go to Florida right now!! She's a hot mess when it comes to her bf, she isn't very nice to him at all, but they are still young I am sure one day she will mature.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• She mentioned getting govt assistance. Nice.I wondered the same things.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yeah, I'm pretty sure its the money she gets paid for doing the show, but the show could also be paying for the trip for free just to get something to film like they did with the gosselins at first, they'd pay for all there trips and everything so they could film them plus pay them for the show on top of that.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i HATE catelynn.

she is on govt assistance.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010