Favorite shrimp recipe?

I'm looking for a good shrimp recipe, I have a bag of frozen cooked shrimp that needs used. I'm usually not a fan of seafood lol, but I do like shrimp sometimes. I had a shrimp dinner at cheesecake factory with pasta and I believe lemon that was really good so something like that might work. I have a recipe for orzo pasta lemon feta and shrimp but my husband hates it lol. Any suggestions?

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Butter-Garlic Shrimp is delicious.
    Thaw Shrimp. The way I do it is I cut open the bag and run hot water down into the bag. Let it sit there for a few minutes.
    In a large fry pan add oil, butter, and preminced garlic (fresh is fine, but I use preminced from the produce section). Let simmer for a minute or two. (until butter is melted. Add shrimp and cover. Let simmer (2-3 setting) for about five-10 minutes.

Butter/oil/garlic mixture should create a sauce that slightly covers shrimp while simmering.

Have steamed veggies and pasta on the side.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Basil
    1/4 cup olive oil, divided
    1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
    1 teaspoon chopped garlic
    1 pound large shrimp - peeled and deveined
    2 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1/4 cup chopped parsley
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
    3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    Directions
    1.Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Place pasta in a colander, and give it a quick rinse with cold water.
    2.Heat remaining olive oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring constantly, until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn. Add shrimp, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet, and set aside.
    ~See second post it is the last of it~~
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I love to0 do a shrimp Scampi..or sometimes i do shrimp, with steamed veggies over rice. U just gave me a great idea for dinner. Thx!!!
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 3:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• 3.Stir tomatoes, wine, parsley, and basil into the skillet. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 12 minutes. Add shrimp, and continue cooking until the shrimp are heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the shrimp mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Im making shrimp & broccoli alfredo tonight. :) ..Check out this site, they have tons of amazing recipes, make sure you read the comments below so you know if you have to make any adjustments to the recipe. www.allrecipes.com
    Heres a link to a good lemon-y shrimp recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Shrimp-Lemon-Pepper-Linguini/Detail.aspx
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Shrimp Lemon Pepper Linguini
    1 (8 ounce) package linguine pasta
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    6 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 cup chicken broth
    1/4 cup white wine
    1 lemon, juiced
    1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
    salt to taste
    2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
    1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1/4 cup butter
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
    Directions
    1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine, and cook for 9 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
    2.Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and saute garlic about 1 minute. Mix in chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is reduced by about 1/2.
    3.Mix shrimp, butter, parsley, and basil into the saucepan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp is opaque. Stir in the cooked linguine, and continue cooking 2 minutes, until w
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Shrimp and cheese grits!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Garlic Shrimp

Whole bulb of garlic (8 or so cloves) blanch in olive oil and crush
    ¼ c. olive oil
    ¼ c. BBQ sauce
    2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
    2 Tbs. Chopped fresh basil
    Crazy Jane
    ½ tsp. cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients together. Add 1lb peeled de-veined shrimp (biggest kind)
    Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Toss twice.
    Spray grill rack and grill shrimp for 6-8 minutes. Brush while grilling to add extra burst of flavor.
    mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 4:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• skewer it and throw it on the grill with a sprinkle of old bay seasoning.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I was going to say what luvschocolate said. That is my favorite way in the world to eat shrimp on the grill with a little bit of barbecue sauce, yummy yummy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010