• In the Spotlight:

White noise or lullabys?

My 2/12 month old goes to sleep between 7 - 8 (we are just now getting him to sleep in his crib) and he wakes up every night like clockwork at 3:30 he does not wake up to get feed he just wakes up and I rock him back to sleep. Does anyone recomend using a white noise (which is a sound maker) or maybe playing soft lullabys?

Julie0039

Asked by Julie0039 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would definitely try. you can leave a stereo on with a cd playing lullabys all night on repeat, it may help him to stay asleep. youll want to try and avoid the rocking only because its somthing youll have to break later and it will only get harder then. but good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Not everything works on all babies but that worked really good for my son. his bed came with a little thing that played clasical music and nature sounds the water noise worked good. and also he loves his glow worm the only prob. with that is it dosn't play very long and he wants me to keep pressing the button untill he's sleeping really good.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i do lullabyes, the classical music (sleepy baby) and the disney lullabyes (disney lullabye album) and they both work for my dd's naps..but at night, because we sleep with the tv on when she was in the bassinet in our room, she does better with the radio on
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• a fan works better, the new study that just came out, is in regards to SIDS and they said with a fan, you not only have noise but you have air circulation. We have a fan in the doorway to our sons room, and he wakes up around 3, its sorta wake up, i change his diaper, and he goes right back to sleep. So usually we get a solid 12 hours out of him, but a couple of times i think he was just chilly so i added a blanket in the crib now.. in one of my baby books it says not to use white noise machines, continuously, that to let it run til they fall asleep and turn it off. If left on it could cause a developmental delay in hearing.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 4:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2008