Any other UU Church goers here?

I'm pagan and my husband is Catholic and we just started going to the Unitarian Universalist church. My whole family loves it! It's a perfect fit for us. I'd love to know others who attend UU churches.

Cassarah

Asked by Cassarah at 4:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would love to hear any details you have because my husband and I are Atheist and we were looking at the UU experience for my son because we are teaching about all religions during our homeschooling venture. The UU church in our area has also been very open to secular homeschoolers.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would love to go UU... BUT, it's over a 2 hour drive from me and my DH isn't a fan of ANY kind of church really - even though he's the Christian (I'm Pagan).

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'm Pagan and my husband is agnostic. I'm the only one that attends the local UU with my children.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Isabella, that's a shame he doesn't go with you. It's so open minded! What do your children think?
    Cassarah

Comment by Cassarah (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't feel it's a shame at all. Religion just isn't for him. I'm not about to force him to go, it would be pointless. But my girls are still young and they enjoy going. As they get older they will see it's a choice to go and it's not something to be forced or expected from them. I would like them to continue going but if they choose not too, that's okay as well.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i have been a uu for years (my stepdad is a uu minister) but i haven't been to the church in a couple years for personal reasons. it's a great place with a great message that can speak to anyone with an open mind. it sounds like a great fit for your blended family.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010