I CANNOT TAKE MY PRENATALS.

IM 7 MONTHS PREGO AND WITH A BAD CASE OF MORNING SICKNESS STILL. IAM SCARED THAT THERE WILL BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY BABY.. IS THIS A REALLY BAD THING THAT I CANNOT TAKE THEM.

anayasmommy21

Asked by anayasmommy21 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What does your doctor (midwife, whomever) say when you ask about the morning sickness?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 4:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I had prenatal vitamins that made me sick. Maybe try a different kind?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• try two kiddies vitamins instead, it's more important to take them in the very beginning for folic acid and proper developement of the brain. i'm sure your child will be alright, i had to stop taking them too bc my kidney's weren't working properly.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I take mine at night and they make me sick to my stomach!!! I found something that worked for me though to keep them down. I have to eat a cup of ramen noodles after i take them and drink the broth and my doc said it was the salt in that that was calming my stomach. So its just trial and error to find something you can eat or drink after taking them so you can keep them down!! Good luck
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Try Flintstones (two of them). That is what my doctor told me to do. My prenatals were giving me migraines.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It's worse if you don't take them during your 1st trimester when everything is developing. You still should really try to take them. Many women cannot take the prescription ones (you didn't say what kind you're taking). I had terrible morning sickness, but still took my prenatals. I took the generic over the counter prenatal vitamins available at walmart (recommended by my dr) and did fine with them. While I was sick all day long, I only threw up in the morning. So, I always took my prenatal right before bed. I'd take it and then go right to sleep so I could keep it down.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My sister said she had chewable vitamins. Apparently they were much easier on her. They're really the MOST important in the very beginning. Talk to your doc though, they may have some suggestions.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Try the Flintstones. Chew 2 a day, and you should be good. The prenatals are the most important during the first trimester. Your child will not have any problems due to not taking the prenatals. Just try to eat healthy and get some Flintstones.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The first kind my doctor prescribed made me sick. So I called him after a few days and asked for an alternative. Those worked fine for me.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 4:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my friends does gummy prenatals, and i take my at nite
    frankye

Answer by frankye at 4:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010